Tuesday, January 03, 2006

charity crochet

i've joined the 25 things for charity gang and am going to do my best to help as much as i can. i think 25 is do-able for me. i've already got 5 scarves for red scarf project ready to mail, 2 chemo caps and 8 warm hats that i need a place to send them to. and i'm working on a lapghan and some dishcloths for the afghans for amigoes. i want to check out the project linus site to see what it's about. afghans take me soooo long that i'd rather stick to small things. a bed sized one would never get done in time.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I've been wondering about 25 for charity everytime I see that beneath your name over in Crochetville. Is it a group on yahoo, msn, blogger ?? myspace. Afghans do take more time, more yarn, are most costly to make and ship. I've been thinking the lapghans seem logical. Good compromise sorta. Haven't done that yet though. My goal for Red Scarf Project is 10. Shipped 6, got 3 here waiting to be mailed, and want to make one more.
Doing the hat a week thing, or at least gonna try it. Behind before I begin as I didn't start it right away. Got wk 1 done and like it, part of wk 2 done and really dislike both the pattern and colors I choose (plus it's just a pattern that takes longer), wk 3 looks interesting, but 4 I probably won't make...maybe I'll substitute one that week. Think I'm narrowing where I want to send hats. My current plan I think is to send them everytime I have 4 done? Don't know yet for sure.
Anyway, thought I'd pop into your blog and say howdy.