Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Great buys from Michael's


My daughter called this evening to tell me to drop everything and get to michael's. they had some of their yarn 70% off. It's a 40 minute drive, but what could i do? i got 2 skeins of Moda Dea eden in a burgundy color called apple, was 6.99 (2.09 each), 2 skeins of Moda Dea Wild called russett, was 7.99(2.39 each), and a multicolored skein of Fun Fur called confetti, was 4.99 (2.77). the fun fur will be for a scarf for my daughter. gotta reward her for the heads-up on the sale. all together i spent about 12.50 on 5 skeins of neat fancy yarns. Here's a pic.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

OMG How did I miss knowing Michaels had yarn for 70% off! You're sooooooooo lucky. I love that Moda Dea yarn. I've made 3 scarfs with it and have 2 more skeins here. I'm savorying it. I bought the first 2 skeins as a treat for myself even though it wasn't on sale. I just couldn't resist. My logic was 2 skeins isn't that much. Though it did make the scarf about a 25.00 deal by the time I bought a skein of woolease as the 2nd yarn. If you look at the pictures on my blogs it's blue, tourquoise, orange, yellow scarf. Then next time I went back it was on 50% off and I bought 3 more colors (6 skeins), the russet you have I made with burnt orange as the 2nd color, knitted it on size 13 for a gal up in Canada. She loves it. There's a picture of it also on my blog. The pink, green combo also is pictured on my blog. Made that one for my daughter and used a really light weight (sorta sport weight) yarn for the 2nd yarn so it could be even softer. The blueish grey combo is the yarn I have left.
My msn blog is Sandy's Stitches
My yahoo ID is looking_beforeme
myspace is Sandy's stitching and stuff
I think I've given those to you right if you want to pop in for a visit.